Urban transport SkyWay is a unique infrastructure solution for towns, mega-cities and their suburbs. Modern cities develop not according to the customary extensive way (the growth of the
metropolis, the increasing population density), but by uniting with several nearby towns of different sizes by means of modern logistics and transport communications. Thus, a city is developing
not due to the absorption of new areas, but as a result of increasing transport accessibility and eliminating distance as a problem.
Urban SkyWay transport is a result of many years of experience and unique technical solutions that provide all the basic criteria of quality transport services, such as:
The rolling stock of urban transport − unibus – is an automated self-propelled module on steel wheels of suspended or mounted type, designed to operate exclusively on Sky Way track infrastructure and provides for the transportation of people and cargo. Urban unbuses can be supplied in various modifications taking into account specific features of the region of operation and customer requirements. The capacity of a unibus is 14 people. They can be assembled in a train of up to 100 passengers capacity. Maximum travel speed in the city is up to 150 km/h. The motion drive of the unibus is electromechanical, with power supply from the contact catenary and/or on-board source of
electricity. Track infrastructure is designed to service the users of the urban SkyWay complex. It consists of a pre-stressed continuous bearing rail-string structure mounted on supports above the ground at the projected height according to customer requirements, and stations (logistics terminals). The safety and complex control system is designed for automatic control of rolling stock, automated control of the power supply system, collection, storage, analysis of data on component parts of the complex and development of optimal (rational) decisions and control actions to ensure safe operation mode of component parts and the complex as a whole.
Motion speed in a city — up to 150 km/h.
Capacity of rolling stock:
Track gradient — up to 15%, with a special design — up to 30%.
Transportation distance — up to 200 km.
The volume of high-speed city transportations:
Net cost of high-speed city traffic — 2 times lower than the net cost of underground transportation, 3 times less than by tram, 5 times less than by a monorail way.
1. Decrease of capital expenditure for construction due to:
2. Reduction of operating costs:
3. Reduction of the net cost of high-speed traffic by three or more times.
4. Possibility of development and land settlement on new territories in hard-to-reach places, comfortable to live in, — islands, mountains, sea shelf, etc.
5. Possibility of combining the track structure and its supports with cable power lines and communication lines — wire, radio relay, cellular.
6. Improving the reliability and safety of all-weather and year-round operation of high-speed urban transport system in any climatic conditions.
1. Low resource consumption and low expenditures at all stages of the life cycle of the high-speed transport system.
2. High-speed track does not violate terrain, biogeocenose and biodiversity neighborhood.
3. The route does not destroy neighbouring fertile soil and vegetation growing on it (fauna and flora).
4. The track does not prevent:
1. Availability of anti-derailment device on the high-speed rolling stock.
2. Ten-fold margin of safety of bearing string elements in the transport overpass.
3. Stability to ice, glaciation, snowdrifts and dust storms.
4. Reliable operation at extreme air temperatures.
5. High stability to vandalism and terrorist acts.
6. Stability to natural disasters (with special design and minimum price rise):